The Churches Together in Stocksbridge and District meet regularly to discuss issues of mutual concern to Christians in the area and work together ecumenically in a number of ways – including joint acts of Christian witness, prayer and practical support for people in the Stocksbridge area.
The members of CTSD jointly run the Bridge Community Shop on Manchester Road, and organise Prayer Group meetings during the year and for the Week of Christian Unity in January each year.
CTSD is here to help those who have concerns for themselves or others. Please let us know if you require our help. We hold joint prayer meetings to take these concerns to God, and if there is any other way we can help, if it is possible, we will do so or direct you to those who can.
There are several ways you can contact CTSD:
• Write down your problem and place it in the box for that purpose being held at The Bridge community shop. If you want the prayer request to be anonymous, just write ‘please pray for someone who……….’
• If you would like us to contact you to help put your name, address and telephone number, so that we can make sure you are available when we call.
• If you would like to speak to someone you can ring one of the following clergy:
- Envoy Christine Cheetham 0114 2884 368 (Salvation Army)
- Reverend James Grayson, 0114 230 5171 (Methodist)
- Reverend Hilda Isaacson, 0114 285 1225 (Anglican)
- Reverend Ian Lucraft, 0114 234 7153 (Methodist and United Reformed)
- Father Stanislaus Maciuszek, 0114 288 2147 (Catholic)
- Pastor David McKeown, 0114 288 5315 (The Hub)
• Also, the staff at The Bridge community shop are always willing to listen and help, where possible. They will also be able to pass on your concerns to our joint prayer meetings, if you would like them to do so.
• Any church member you may know will be willing to pass your requests on to us.
Prayer changes things and a burden shared is a burden halved.
Don’t wait – get in touch now. God bless you.